The year 2011 has personally been a tough one for us at Sedona Aromatherapie, which has impacted on our aromatherapy plans too. As I discussed in my half year review back in August 2011, a house flood and a death in the family took its toll on us physically and emotionally in the first half of the year. However, out of troubling times often comes a new focus and direction for things, which makes me wonder if these things happened to re-define and re-direct our plans. As we move forward into 2012, I would like to take the time to reflect on our blessings for this year and where Sedona Aromatherapie is headed in the coming year.
Achievements of Sedona Aromatherapie in 2011
Despite our personal setbacks, this is what we achieved in 2011:
- a complete redesign and structure of the Sedona Aromatherapie website done personally by myself – which resulted in an increase in web traffic!
- the introduction of our first short aromatherapy course, Lavender Aromatherapy
- the introduction of our Make-Your-Own Products Kits – with more to come in 2012!
- a new range of aromatherapy blends and products (candles, lip balms, scrubs and salts to name a few), completely hand made by us, added to the webstore
- continuing development of the Aromatherapy Notes blog with a move to a new home on the Sedona Aromatherapie website. This year, I started a series of posts on Interviews With Professional Aromatherapists, Aromatherapy Book Reviews and How to Make Your Own Aromatherapy and Skincare Products
- I became the Arizona regional director for the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) in an effort to promote the true practice of aromatherapy. I also had an article published in the NAHA journal: Mother’s Issue in July 2011
- I wrote and published both regular, paid aromatherapy posts for certain blogs, in addition to a wide number of guest posts on other blogs and magazines, predominately across the web, but in print too – links to these posts are usually posted on the Sedona Aromatherapie facebook page
- I created 3 lines of custom aromatherapy blends for local businesses
- we had 2 aromatherapy giveaways throughout the year to promote our products and enable people to sample our products!
- we expanded our presence in the social media world by increasing our following on facebook, twitter and LinkedIn through more social interaction in these places. Thank you to all of our followers!
Sedona Aromatherapie: Moving Forward into 2012
I am always hesitant to publish too much information about our future plans because ideas and plans change all the time, whether due to circumstances, life or re-consideration. However, I will update you on the following:
- the aromatherapy forum is on hold until we have more aromatherapy courses developed
- I am currently in the process of writing a foundation course in aromatherapy (to be accredited by the NAHA) which is scheduled for tentative release in late Spring 2012; I have a plan to develop other courses in conjunction with this – with an interesting twist! I decided to go this route, rather than write more short courses at the moment, because of the “interesting twist” (to be revealed at a later date!)
- scheduled publication/engagements upcoming in a couple of magazines/organizations to promote aromatherapy!
- further development of the Aromatherapy Notes blog with the aim of delivering twice weekly posts to you!
I am certain that 2012 will bring a number of other changes/opportunities for Sedona Aromatherapie that we cannot foresees at this moment in time, just as 2011 did! My intention is to promote the practice of aromatherapy and introduce it to people in new ways, through a variety of methods and means; so, as long as I can stay true to that goal, I am certain that how we achieve that will fall into place along the way, no matter how many twists and turns it may take to achieve it. As one of my favorite quotes says:
“Live each day for the journey and not the destination.”
May 2012 bring you peace, happiness and closer to your dreams – whatever that might be! And thank you for taking the time to read Aromatherapy Notes in 2011!
Tags: aromatherapy review of 2011, aromatherapy sedona arizona, sedona aromatherapie, Sedona Aromatherapie update