Every six months I try to post an update on what is happening in my life aromatherapy-wise and what is in store for the future of my aromatherapy business; this year has presented me with a series of unexpected personal events and life challenges that has subsequently impacted on the development of my aromatherapy business. However, although my half year review might be a little late, I would like to take a few moments to reflect on what I have achieved so far this year and what I hope to achieve in the next six months!
Aromatherapy Review: January – July 2011
The first half of the year presented me with some rather serious challenges (such as temporary relocation of premises due to a house flood) but this is what was achieved:
- I completely overhauled and re-designed the Sedona Aromatherapie website
- I wrote and published my first distance learning/online short aromatherapy course, Lavender Aromatherapy
- I became the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) regional director for Arizona
- I created 3 lines of custom aromatherapy blends for local businesses
- I continued to write about aromatherapy for various online organizations & prepared a couple of articles for future print publications
- I presented a series of interviews with professional aromatherapists and a series of aromatherapy book reviews on Aromatherapy Notes, both of which are still ongoing.
Aromatherapy Review: The Next Six Months
After a sudden death in the family, my aromatherapy plans got revised and reviewed yet again for the remainder of the year and through next year but this is now my plan of action for the remainder of 2011:
- completion of the development of more handmade aromatherapy products, such as lip balms, scrubs, bath salts, lotions and candles for the webstore; anticipated in-store date: October 2011, just in time for the upcoming Holidays!
- researching, writing and publishing one more distance learning/online short aromatherapy course – to be accompanied by a themed aromatherapy giveaway relevant to the course – naturally! (more comprehensive aromatherapy courses planned for 2012)
- creation of an aromatherapy forum
- December aromatherapy giveaway for the Holidays.
As a special “thank you” to my aromatherapy customers this year, I will be issuing special discount Holiday codes in October to help with the purchase of those Holiday gifts! And, of course, in the meantime, also enjoy the aromatherapy posts on Aromatherapy Notes; I hope to write about lots more interesting and useful people, books, tips and advice in the coming months!
Tags: aromatherapy, aromatherapy notes half year review, update on Sedona Aromatherapie